Friday, April 29, 2011

Depth of Deceit BOOK REVIEW


So I had the chance of reviewing Depth of Deceit by Betty Briggs. To be honest, at first it didn't catch my attention. You see there were horses in it. And the main character, Stephanie, LOVED to ride horses. I haven't been around horses all my life. I mean horses are pretty and all but I haven't ridden a horse, I kinda just like to see horses from afar. So I picked up the book, read the first quarter of the book, put it down, and read something else.
Hey, I'm being honest here.
  I picked up the book to give it another chance. And hey, the whole situation intrigued me. Stephanie is pregnant and her boyfriend asks her to marry her...and he really is quite perfect or so it seems....

Anyway, I'm not going to ruin the book for you. No sirree.
Here is paragraph that is on the back of the book.

Blonde and beautiful, fledging attorney Stephanie Saunders vows to protect the innocent even though as indigent defense attorney her clients rarely are.  Does that include Josh Durrant who seems to be following her? Stephanie is dismayed when her peers begin calling her “Prom Queen” as her boyfriend, Todd Saxton, often does. Desperately trying to prove her worth, she falls prey to those who steal her innocence.  Although she plans to forgive Todd for his ultimate betrayal, she is never given the chance. Her boss, Attorney Charles Connelly, offers solace, but is Stephanie’s welfare, or his own, top priority? The only thing that keeps Stephanie sane in her insane world are the horses she loves but does not own, especially the abused mare, Riskie Business, whose example helps Stephanie make the most difficult decision of her life. Relying on wit and courage, Stephanie must save herself and another during the final showdown where she proves a loyalty of which she never knew herself capable. 

So it's not that bad. Really. I liked the book. now if I could just find the book again...I have seem to have misplaced the book in the past week....UGH. I did manage to finish the book though.
If you like horses and love, and terribly intense situations, you'll like this book I promise.

And this book is probably NOT for your teenager. There is a lot of adult themes....

Just read it okay?

You'll like it. Tell me what you think okay?

No comments: