Saturday, March 6, 2010

Submission UPDATE!

 "Writing is a release of a part of my soul." I'd like to take credit for that quote but I'm not. A fellow writer friend and tweep of mine--Bookmom2000, tweeted something like that to me the other day. And I wholeheartedly agree! Thanks Bookmom2000,  for reminding me!

I took a leap this week and submitted my first article to Mormon Mommy Blogs!
It took me great effort to decide whether I wanted to be a regular contributor on MMB. I mean did I have what it takes to submit a piece of my soul every month? YES! Yes, I do. And I will.
I can't wait until my first article is published on MMB. With time and effort it will be. I wrote my first article on gratitude. I won't share until it is actually published on MMB. No peeking here. :) You have to wait like I do. 

And now to the meatier part of my post. How I feel about myself when I am writing.

I feel rather rejuvenated when it comes to writing. I have been around the old blog for a while reading a bunch of wonderful blogs and thinking to myself, "I can write too. I should start submitting articles instead of just blogging." Not that anything is wrong with blogging, blogging is a great outlet for me to allow my creative juices to start flowing.

  I am not going to be complacent anymore when it comes to writing. Like the tweets I see from authors every now and then that say, "Don't bother me, #amwriting" That's where I am right now. I am not going to work on novel type stuff--well from time to time I might, but I am going to focus more on the short stories and article submissions. It is easier for me right now to edit the short story and articles I am going to be turning into magazines and other successful publishers that are interested in my writing. 

  This decade will be a different decade for me as a writer. I will submit. I will probably get some rejection letters. I will probably get a few acceptances. But overall, for me as a writer, it will be a good experience for me I think.

How do you as a writer get through life? How do you go about challenging yourself?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Alexes. This is a motivating post for me, and the little writer within begging to come out.

I started this whole blog thing as a way to prove to myself that I can write every day.

My father wanted to be published my whole life, but never was, probably because he never wrote anything and never submitted anything.

I will NOT allow that pattern/cycle to continue in my own life.

God gave me a little gift. I may not be the BEST writer ever, but I can write. I should start submitting... it's overwhelming to start.

Braden Bell said...

Cluttered, thanks for your comment on my blog today! I'm glad you did so I was able to find your blog, too.

I am excited to read your post on MMB. Congrats, on that by the way. That is really exciting.

Fwiw, I started writing about 15 years ago. I'm finally being published! My first book is coming out in June and if I can do it anyone can!!!

I love AJ's quote, too--I may not be the best ever, but I can do the best I can

Unknown said...

Thanks for quoting me. I'm excited for you and for the tone of this blog post. It's great that you're a MMB contributor now, too. You can do it!

Cynthia said...

I think you are on to something. Finding little bits of yourself again when we get so lost in the day-to-day affairs can be so thrilling! I will be excited to read your first MMB post too.

Jo said...

Hi, there -- just stopping by to thank you so much for visiting me on my SITS day on Friday and for your kind comments.

Peace and serenity,
~Jo
'The End Of The Rainbow: Life After Bankruptcy'

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog! I tried to visit your Cluttered Mind blog, but it wasn't coming up for some reason... so I came here.

I think short stories and articles are a good way to go. Novels take so much commitment to something you don't even know will work in the end. That would be hard, but hey, you already know I have commitment issues with my writing as seen by my blog. Hmmm... that was almost like a therapy session for me.

Looking forward to your MMB post.