Monday, April 26, 2010

UPDATE: Writer's conference--What I learned!

St. Augustine writing, revising, and re-writin...
Image via Wikipedia



I had the opportunity of attending the LDStorymaker's WRITER'S conference this weekend. And just so you are wondering, it's not just for LDS writers. It is for everyone who likes to write. You don't even have to strictly write for LDS people. Just have an insane LOVE for writing.  I actually learned a TON this year.

And you know what? I took my camera, and did not take it out the whole weekend again. I was too busy meeting people,  chatting, and taking notes to worry about a picture. Sorry.

Here is a summary of what I learned: It can be summed up in TWO words.

JUST WRITE.  Okay, I have a bit more to say.


  • Keep on practicing your craft. 
  • Networking. Very important. You never know who you might meet in the future that might be interested in your writing.
  • Don't make excuses for your writing. Just DO it.
There you have it. That's what I learned from this fabulous conference this year! Now I am back to my writing and reading. . .
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are great things to have learned. Yea! We did our job! I saw you briefly but never got to talk much. I hope you had a great time.